Thursday, October 6, 2011

You Might Be an Artist If...


I battle often with my desire to learn new arts. I got down the braiding as a teen, then basic sewing, some woodworking, scrap booking, jewelry, bow making, laying tile, then off to more complex pattern-less sewing. Now I want to paint. I also have always wanted to do pottery, metal work, major carpentry, basket weaving, masonry & clay. That is just the art part; it doesn't even tap the surface of all the things I would like to learn. What is a girl to do?! I don't just want to DO these things, I want to PERFECT them. I guess I could become a professional student. You know, just go to school on student loans for the rest of my life. I have my retirement already planned out it seems.

Creation is beautiful in almost every form. Taking an empty soup can, wrapping it in pretty paper with pretty cut out shapes & stuffing it full of colored markers and decorative scissors! - WHAT ISN'T AWESOME ABOUT THAT! :)

I was just telling my Mother today that I should probably stop trying to learn to make or craft something new all the time. But now I know for sure I am crazy. I am crazy because I'm an artist! I fit a good number of the descriptions here ---->You Might Be an Artist If...<--- that I believe were just meant to be humorous. Well for me they were reality! I spray painted the cat. Gave the dog a mohawk. Built Barbie's house out of VHS tapes and I have always wondered what was wrong with me that I couldn't pick a favorite color! Give me another 20 years and I'll have 8 tie dyed cats, a schnauzer named Mr. Mo, and a mansion built out of tole painted VHS tapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment