Friday, August 12, 2011

Pedicures Anyone?

I guess it just hit me last night that my husband is going to a third world country for a week. While being very excited for him to get this opportunity I am a bit afraid at the same time. The Pastor he is working with there is very careful with guests and does his best to ensure their safety but I can't help but worry about his safety. My Mom has been to Africa a few times on missions. The last time she was there they were killing Christians in a town 30 miles north from where she was. Not many people heard about that though. There were new movies being released and hollywood scandals that were far more important. Everyone catch Jersey Shore?

Aside from worrying about my husband returning with an intact head, I'm also worried about me being without his help for a week. Some days I may only get a 20 minute break in the evening where I can disappear for some mommy time when he is here. I am wondering how my psyche is gonna hold up with even that little time gone! Don't get me wrong, I love my babies and am beyond grateful for every minute I get with them. But, there is definitely time needed to restore yourself. Time to simply change your attitude so you can continue being good to those around you. If you are never good to yourself you end up with little to give and what you do give you can end up resenting.

 What I realize is I don't have enough appreciation for those 20 minute breaks in the evening. I spend half of that time worrying about the time and worrying I don't have enough of it. I need to really relish those few moments so I have more to give to those I come into contact each day. You never know what you have until it's gone.  Pedicure anyone?

1 comment: